How to Apply Simix A/C Ceramic Coating to a
Home Air Conditioner
YOU WILL NEED
1. Clean pump-up sprayer
3. Simix A/C Ceramic Coating
4. Simix Multi-Surface Cleaner
CLEAN THE UNIT
1. Turn off the unit's breaker.
2. Remove fan guard.
3. Remove fan if possible. If it's stuck in there, that's okay.
4. Straighten bent fins using fin comb.
5. Add 4 small scoops of Simix Multi-Surface Cleaner for every gallon of hot water in your sprayer.
6. Shake the sprayer to dissolve the cleaner.
7. Spray fins, coils and fan. Make sure to get both sides of fan.
8. Allow cleaner to sit on unit for 5 minutes to dissolve the dirt.
9. Rinse with clean water from a hose.
10. Replace fan guard.
11. Turn unit on and run for ten minutes until it's dry.
12. Dump out the remaining cleaner and rinse the sprayer. Cleaner can be dumped on grass or soil and will not damage plants.
PREPARE THE COATING
1. Shake Simix A/C Ceramic Coating well.
2. Pour into sprayer.
COAT THE UNIT
1. Turn off breaker again.
2. Remove the fan guard and fan.
3. Open the cabinet.
4. Starting at the top and inside of the unit, spray the coil with a fan tip in a side to side motion; go slowly enough to assure that the product is going all the way through the fins. (You should see product running down the fins.)
5. Continue spraying until you reach the bottom of the coil and then coat everything inside the unit along with both sides of the fan.
6. Repeat on the outside of the unit, starting at the top of the coil and working side to side until you reach the bottom of the coil.
7. Spray the full exterior of the cabinet.
CLOSE THE UNIT
1. If you had removed the fan, put it back in place.
2. Button up the unit and turn the breaker back on.
3. Turn on the unit. Stay away from fan, because excess product might come out in a mist.
4. Make sure the unit runs for at least 20 minutes.
5. Wipe down exterior of cabinet with microfiber cloth to create a shine and stop further oxidation of the paint.